Sunday, August 15, 2010

baby food (week 3)

So I have decided to make all my own baby food for Myah. After reading some articles about all the preservatives and seasoning they put in baby food I just thought why not?? I already have to be in the kitchen most of the day whats a couple more hours:) No really its not that bad. I went to the farmers market and got carrots and squash. I also went to whole foods and got avocados. The carrots and squash I steamed and then purred them and stuck them in ice cube trays and froze them then put them in Ziploc bags in the freezer. I got a great book called "Every thing organic cooking for infants and toddlers" it is great and has some really good receipts in it. Right now is the best time to buy the fresh produce so I figured I will freeze as much as I can before winter comes. It makes me happy to start her out eating the right foods that are all natural and super healthy!

1 comment: